Sunday, November 14, 2010

Boston, Providence and New Haven

I'm home, I'm unpacked and I'm having a bit of trouble getting back into the swing of things. My kitchen seems alien to me, I've been back a week and haven't had the urge to bake anything. Maybe i have forgotten how to make cupcakes, I sure can remember how to eat them thought. Perhaps I haven't felt like baking because I've spent the last month eating yummy treats all day everyday.

I don't really know what to say about my holiday, except it was fantastic! It was four weeks of non stop sightseeing, exploring and adventures. At the end of each day m feet and legs were so sore I could hardly move.

I took alot a photos, nearly 2000, but will just share a few mostly of the tasty treats I was able to sample. I decided to split my holiday pictures into three posts, here are some photos from our first destinations, Boston, providence and New Haven.


I don't know how local people feel about squirrels, but I love them, perhaps am even a tad obsessed. They are just too cute, this little guy was one of the first I saw.


Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston. Every single food stall looked delicious, we came back to this market a number of time.


My first ever whoopie pie and a really really good black an white cookie from Faneuil Hall Marketplace.


Sweet Cupcakes, Newbury Street Boston. This was such a pretty store, all pink and white with big display jars of sweets.


My caramel apple cupcakes was beautiful, filled with apple pieces and topped with caramel buttercream.


Cute duckies in the Boston gardens. The gardens in Boston were amazing we spent a lot of time there. Most breakfasts during our Boston stay equalled a coffee and donut on a garden bench, it was perfect.


The very pretty Provindence.


Cupcakes from Nancy's Fancies, Providence. The smores cupcakes was yummy, but the raspberry frosting was dreamy! I loved that you could choose your flavor and they iced the cake in front of you.


The store front of Nancy's Fancies. This store not only had cupcakes but a huge range of cupcake themed goodies, I bought some cute measuring spoons. Even the table tops were decorated to look like they were frosted, it was well worth the getting rained on on the walk home.


We visited a number of universities on our trip, Yale was my favorite, very impressive and pretty.


Over our holiday we ate a lot! of burgers, this one from Educated Burgher in New Haven was my favorite.


Another delicious burger at Loui's Lunch, New Haven

Just two more holidays post and I'll be back to baking, I promise.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is my 1st time visiting your blog! Welcome back to Aus! I look forward to see your delicious creations in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Nancy's Fancies cupcakes look awesome, frosted while you wait what a great idea. Looks like you had an amazing time, looking forward to more holiday posts, especially if they have more pics of yummy goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back. Looks like a wonderful time away. My gosh, I've never seen an authentic whoopie pie before. They look so creamy and delicious. And the cupcake stores seem like heaven!

    ReplyDelete